- Product Care
- Product Reviews
Christopher Columbus was an explorer, colonizer, and navigator who lived from 1451 to 1506. During his lifetime he completed four voyages across the Atlantic Ocean that brought about European awareness of the American continents.
Contrary to popular belief, Columbus was not the first explorer to reach the Americas (he was preceded by a Norse expedition led by Leif Ericson in the 11th century). However, his voyages did lead to the first lasting European contact with the Americas, initiating Spanish colonization and foreshadowing the eventual European colonization of foreign lands which lasted several centuries. They had, therefore, an enormous impact on the development of the modern Western world.
Become the man who started it all with this Christopher Columbus Famous People Costume. It's the perfect outfit for your next presentation, reenactment, play, or historical themed event.
This costume includes: explorer hat with feather, velveteen cape with purple satin lining & gold chain, boot covers, shirt with attached fur-trimmed tunic, and breeches (pants).
A telescope is not included, but is a must for any explorer.
There are many people throughout history who had the spirit of an adventurer and decided to explore the unknown. In some cases, they risked their lives to make their contributions recognized by the world.
Self: 100% Polyester Shell
Lining: 65% Polyester 35% Cotton
Prints: 65% Polyester 35% Cotton
Faux Suede 65% Polyester 35% Cotton
Trims: Very/Polyester & Cotton Blend
* Most items made from polyester/cotton blend treat as polyester.
* Most items made from polyester can be machine washed and dried.
* Use warm water and add a fabric softener to the final rinse cycle.
* Machine dry at low temperature setting and remove articles as soon as the tumbling cycle is complete.
* If ironing is needed, use a moderately warm iron.
* Most items made from polyester can be dry-cleaned.
Spot Clean Only.