- Bundled Products
- Product Care
- Product Reviews
In the 18th century, the United States was in the midst of its colonial period — a time that captured great diversity in fashion and clothing. Upper-class American women enjoyed importing beautiful fabrics from around the world, crafting elegant gowns with eye-catching detail. Though comfort was necessary as women worked in their homes, even the most average of colonial dresses was layered, lined, and frilled.
You, too, can capture the luxurious and high-quality fashion of the colonial era with this 18th-century dress. Evoking the elegant style of famed colonial First Ladies including Abigail Adams, Martha Washington, and Dolly Madison, this black velvet and silver-colored dress crafted from satin jacquard and velvet is the perfect piece to don when you’re revisiting America’s colonial days.
Pair with our wide selection of colonial clothing parts and accessories to create your very own personalized colonial period outfit.
A Heritage Costumes Concept Exclusive.
Our concept is simple, you choose what you want and what you need to create your very own unique costume
Self: 100% Polyester Panne Velvet
Contrast :100% Polyester Jacquard Satin
Lining: 65% Polyester 35% Cotton
Trims: Very/Polyester & Cotton Blend
* Most items made from polyester/cotton blend treat as polyester.
* Most items made from polyester can be machine washed and dried.
* Use warm water and add a fabric softener to the final rinse cycle.
* Machine dry at low temperature setting and remove articles as soon as the tumbling cycle is complete.
* If ironing is needed, use a moderately warm iron.
* Most items made from polyester can be dry-cleaned.
As we cut all of our garments individually (Coats, Vests, Pants, Dresses, Etc.)
Fabric Shades may very & may not match exactly.
We strongly reccomend that the Colonial Dress be dry cleaned.