- Bundled Products
- Product Care
- Product Reviews
In 1779, Gen. Washington devised a plan to take advantage of the newfound wealth the alliance with France would bring. The several volunteer regiments of the States would be grouped into Corps areas by geographic region. Each Corps area would wear a distinctive outer coat. All the coats to be blue. Facings in white, buff, red, and blue, respectively.
The colors worn on uniforms had more meaning than mere fashion that caught civilian acceptance. It tended to build pride in the company or regiment. Battlefields were often shrouded in the cannon and gun smoke. Commanders could discern the uniform colors through the haze and then could order logistical changes of location by identifying friend from foe. The British red coat, or the blue color used by the Continentals, would distinguish friend from an enemy in the chaos of a battlefield.
Artillery officers would have worn this blue Continental Army coat with red facings & whitetail along with the Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland & Virginia Regiments.
All colonial military jackets come with detachable buttons that attach with hitch pin clips; this helps prolong the life of the coat during washes and allows for effortless button customization.
Pair with our wide selection of colonial military clothing parts and accessories to create your very own personalized colonial uniform.
US MADE IN TORRANCE CA.
Self: 100% Polyester
* Most items made from polyester/cotton blend treat as polyester.
* Most things are made from polyester can be machine washed and dried.
* Use warm water and add a fabric softener to the final rinse cycle.
* Machine dry at low temperature setting and remove articles as soon as the tumbling period is complete.
* If ironing is needed, Use a moderately warm iron.
* Most items made from polyester can be dry-cleaned.
To remove stains:
* Soak and then wash with soap and warm water using a mild liquid detergent.
* Remove tough stains by spraying with a gentle stain remover. It will have a better chance of removing stains other than food and dirt.
* Tumble dry on low heat.
* Fabric Shades may vary & may not match exactly.
Please be aware that although we aim to display the colors accurately in our images, due to monitor, and screen variations, or any other factors we cannot guarantee that your monitor, or screen represents the colors to 100% accuracy.