- Product Reviews
- Bundled Products
- Product Care
French involvement in the American Revolutionary War began in 1775, when France, a rival of the British Empire, secretly shipped supplies to the Continental Army. A Treaty of Alliance in 1778 soon followed, which led to shipments of money and matériel to the United States. France's help is considered a vital and decisive contribution to the United States' victory against the British.
The French Army played a crucial role in the Revolutionary War, helping the colonists win their independence from British rule. One man, in particular, General Rochambeau, commanded his men to guide the colonists in their win against the British.
Rochambeau was a nobleman, who began his military service in a cavalry regiment as a young man. He served as commander in chief of the French Expeditionary Force, which left France with the specific goal of aiding the American Continental Army during the Revolutionary War. General Rochambeau brought 7,000 men to George Washington’s troops, and together the two armies sieged Yorktown and began winning battles. On September 22, 1781, General Rochambeau joined with Marquis de Lafayette’s troops and forced the British into surrender one month later.
All colonial military jackets come with detachable buttons that attach with hitch pin clips, this helps prolong the life of the coat during washes and allows for easy button customization.
Pair with our wide selection of colonial military clothing parts and accessories to create your very own personalized colonial uniform.
US MADE IN TORRANCE CA.
Self: 100% Polyester
* Most items made from polyester/cotton blend treat as polyester.
* Most things are made from polyester can be machine washed and dried.
* Use warm water and add a fabric softener to the final rinse cycle.
* Machine dry at low temperature setting and remove articles as soon as the tumbling period is complete.
* If ironing is needed, Use a moderately warm iron.
* Most items made from polyester can be dry-cleaned.
To remove stains:
* Soak and then wash with soap and warm water using a mild liquid detergent.
* Remove tough stains by spraying with a gentle stain remover. It will have a better chance of removing stains other than food and dirt.
* Tumble dry on low heat.
* Fabric Shades may vary & may not match exactly.
Please be aware that although we aim to display the colors accurately in our images, due to monitor, and screen variations, or any other factors we cannot guarantee that your monitor, or screen represents the colors to 100% accuracy.