- Product Care
- Product Reviews
A Heritage Costumes Exclusive.
Minerva is the Roman goddess of wisdom. She was also the goddess of trade, the arts, and strategy in war. Her domains included medicine, poetry, and handicrafts as well. She was in charge of so many things that Ovid called her the “goddess of a thousand works”!
Minerva was highly influenced by the Greek goddess Athena. When the Romans made contact with the Greeks, they saw their gods as being similar to those of the Greeks. In fact, they decided that they were the same gods under different names.
She was often portrayed wearing a chiton, which is an ancient Greek garment, and a helmet. Many statues of her show her holding a spear and a shield, to represent her interest in war. But she can often be found offering an olive branch to the defeated. Minerva was a gracious winner in war, who had sympathy for those her armies beat.
An exclusive piece in our Heritage Costumes Ancient History collection of quality costume clothing. This children’s Roman Goddess Minerva costume is authentic to the attire worn by the Goddess of War. You’ll look just like the virgin goddess when you don this historically accurate costume set. To capture the traditional attire of these important ancient deities accurately, this costume includes a full-length, short sleeved toga with a royal blue satin tunic sash and a matching blue brocade waist sash, and gold & black braid belt. Also included is a gold coin necklace.
All components of our Children's Manerva Roman Goddess Costume may be purchased separately.
White V-Neck Tunic - HC-580A-1100
Blue Brocade Waist Sash - HC-509A-191
Blue Satin Shoulder Sash - HC-580ASD-40
Gold & Black Rope Belt - HCA-0050
Roman Helmet - 78-4015F
Roman Shield - 47-120GD
Coin Necklace - 6946-A14
Roman Spear - 1574
Just click on product style# for product information.
Self: 100% Polyester
Contrast: 100% Polyester
* Most items made from polyester/cotton blend treat as polyester.
* Most items are made from polyester can be machine washed and dried.
* Use warm water and add a fabric softener to the final rinse cycle.
* Machine dry at low temperature setting and remove articles as soon as the tumbling cycle is complete.
* If ironing is needed, use a moderately warm iron.
* Most items made from polyester can be dry-cleaned.
To remove stains:
* Soak and then wash with soap and warm water using a mild liquid detergent.
* Remove tough stains by spraying with a mild stain remover. It will have a better chance of removing stains other than food and dirt.
* Tumble dry on low heat.
Children’s clothing for both Boy's And Girls is the same size. The size is based on either the child’s weight and length in pounds and inches or on specific measurements (chest, waist, and hip).
* Fabric Shades may vary & may not match exactly.