- Bundled Products
- Product Care
- Product Reviews
A Heritage Costumes Exclusive.
Queen Hatshepsut was the longest reigning female pharaoh in Egypt, ruling for over 20 years in the 15th century B.C. She is considered one of Egypt's most successful pharaohs.
Under Hatshepsut’s reign, Egypt prospered. Unlike other rulers in her dynasty, she was more interested in ensuring economic prosperity and building and restoring monuments throughout Egypt and Nubia than in conquering new lands. Hatshepsut was one of the most prolific builders in ancient Egypt, commissioning hundreds of construction projects throughout both Upper Egypt and Lower Egypt.
In Egyptian history, there was no word for a "queen regnant" as in contemporary history, "king" being the Ancient Egyptian title regardless of gender, and by the time of her reign, Pharaoh had become the name for the ruler.
To capture the Ancient Queen's traditional Egyptian attire accurately, this costume includes, a creme colored long Kaftan dress has decorative cutout sleeves with braid trim at the bottom of the dress and a sheer emerald green shoulder drape that is attached at the top of the dress. Also included to complete the look of Queen Hatshepsut is a Gold Egyptian Queen's Crown and Matching Jeweled Necklace.
In ancient times men did not wear trousers, and women did not wear skirts. There were no shirts or blouses such as we wear today, either. Both sexes usually wore flowing garments comparable to the modern woman's dress.
Self: 100% Polyester
* Most items made from polyester/cotton blend treat as polyester.
* Most items are made from polyester can be machine washed and dried.
* Use warm water and add a fabric softener to the final rinse cycle.
* Machine dry at low temperature setting and remove articles as soon as the tumbling cycle is complete.
* If ironing is needed, use a moderately warm iron.
* Most items made from polyester can be dry-cleaned.
To remove stains:
* Soak and then wash with soap and warm water using a mild liquid detergent.
* Remove tough stains by spraying with a mild stain remover. It will have a better chance of removing stains other than food and dirt.
* Tumble dry on low heat.
Children’s clothing for both Boy's And Girls is the same size. The size is based on either the child’s weight and length in pounds and inches or on specific measurements (chest, waist, and hip).