- Bundled Products
- Product Care
- Product Reviews
All boys’ colonial clothing began with the same garment: a long-sleeved white shirt. A boy’s shirt was the foundation of every outfit, acting as an undergarment rather than a piece meant to be seen in full. Although a plain white dress shirt was the most popular and recognized garment for boys during the 1700s, there were a few different styles from which to choose — and one popular variety was the mandarin collar. Also known as a Chinese collar or cadet collar, white button-down shirts with a mandarin collar were inspired by the fashion of Imperial China.
Shirts featuring mandarin collars became popular in America’s new colonies thanks to their combination of practicality and fashionable style. Boys, whose clothing mimicked that of their older brothers and fathers, began donning shirts with a mandarin collar during the 18th century. These white boys’ colonial shirts had a short, unfolded collar that stood up against the neck. Perfect under a suit jacket or coat, the colonial mandarin collar shirt could also be adorned with a jabot or ruffles at the cuff for a fancier look.
Pair with our wide selection of colonial clothing parts and accessories to create your very own personalized colonial costume.
US MADE IN TORRANCE CA.
Children’s clothing for both Boys and Girls is the same size. Size is based on either the child’s weight and length in pounds and inches or on specific measurements (chest, waist, and hip).
Self: 65% Polyester 35% Cotton Broadcloth
* Most items made from polyester/cotton blend treat as polyester.
* Most things are made from polyester can be machine washed and dried.
* Use warm water and add a fabric softener to the final rinse cycle.
* Machine dry at low temperature setting and remove articles as soon as the tumbling period is complete.
* If ironing is needed, Use a moderately warm iron.
* Most items made from polyester can be dry-cleaned.
To remove stains:
* Soak and then wash with soap and warm water using a mild liquid detergent.
* Remove tough stains by spraying with a gentle stain remover. It will have a better chance of removing stains other than food and dirt.
* Tumble dry on low heat.
* Fabric Shades may vary & may not match exactly.
Please be aware that although we aim to display the colors accurately in our images, due to monitor, and screen variations, or any other factors we cannot guarantee that your monitor, or screen represents the colors to 100% accuracy.