- Product Reviews
- Bundled Products
- Product Care
The Continental Marine Corps were Infantrymen who served on Naval vessels and under the command of the ship's captain. Their multipurpose mission was to provide shipboard security, act as sharpshooters in the ship's rigging during ship-to-ship engagements, and conduct amphibious landings and raids to capture vessels, weapons, munitions, and other naval stores. In 1776, their uniform was established by the Continental Congress; green with white facings and silver buttons and officer epaulets in line with Infantry colors. In 1779, the facings were changed to red. A particularly notable part of the uniform was a thick leather stock worn around the neck. It was to protect the Marines from cutlass wounds to the neck and to keep them standing tall. This was the origin of the endearing nickname for Marines, "Leathernecks".
All colonial military jackets come with uninstalled detachable buttons that attach with hitch pin clips; this helps prolong the life of the coat during washes and allows for effortless button customization.
Pair with our wide selection of colonial military clothing parts and accessories to create your very own personalized colonial uniform.
US MADE IN TORRANCE CA.
Children’s clothing for both Boys and Girls is the same size. Size is based on either the child’s weight and length in pounds and inches or on specific measurements (chest, waist, and hip).
Self: 100% Polyester
* Most items made from polyester/cotton blend treat as polyester.
* Most things are made from polyester can be machine washed and dried.
* Use warm water and add a fabric softener to the final rinse cycle.
* Machine dry at low temperature setting and remove articles as soon as the tumbling period is complete.
* If ironing is needed, Use a moderately warm iron.
* Most items made from polyester can be dry-cleaned.
To remove stains:
* Soak and then wash with soap and warm water using a mild liquid detergent.
* Remove tough stains by spraying with a gentle stain remover. It will have a better chance of removing stains other than food and dirt.
* Tumble dry on low heat.
* Fabric Shades may vary & may not match exactly.
Please be aware that although we aim to display the colors accurately in our images, due to monitor, and screen variations, or any other factors we cannot guarantee that your monitor, or screen represents the colors to 100% accuracy.