- Product Reviews
- Product Care
On March 23, 1779, the Continental Congress, in an ordinance regulating the clothing department, authorized Washington to prescribe the colors and cut of the uniforms of the respective states and regiments. Washington complied in the General Order of October 2, 1779, which fixed blue as the color for all branches of the service, and for all the state regiments in the Continental Line, with distinctive differences in linings and facings.
The colors worn on uniforms had more meaning than mere fashion that caught civilian acceptance. It tended to build pride in the company or regiment. Battlefields were often shrouded in cannon and gun smoke. Commanders could discern the uniform colors through the haze and then could order logistical changes of location by identifying friend from foe. The British red coat, or the blue color used by the Continentals, would distinguish friend from the enemy in the chaos of a battlefield.
Both the American Continental Army and the British Red Coats wore white waistcoats (Vests) during the American Revolutionary War.
With (4) Colors to choose from, you can pair with our wide selection of colonial clothing parts and accessories to create your very own
personalized colonial uniform.
This full front colonial military vest with an open tie back is adjustable up to (2) sizes. Example M/L will fit both a Medium and a Large size child.
US MADE IN TORRANCE CA
Self: 100% Polyester Gaberdine Shell
* Most items made from polyester/cotton blend treat as polyester.
* Most things are made from polyester can be machine washed and dried.
* Use warm water and add a fabric softener to the final rinse cycle.
* Machine dry at low temperature setting and remove articles as soon as the tumbling period is complete.
* If ironing is needed, Use a moderately warm iron.
* Most items made from polyester can be dry-cleaned.
To remove stains:
* Soak and then wash with soap and warm water using a mild liquid detergent.
* Remove tough stains by spraying with a gentle stain remover. It will have a better chance of removing stains other than food and dirt.
* Tumble dry on low heat.
* Fabric Shades may vary & may not match exactly.
Please be aware that although we aim to display the colors accurately in our images, due to monitor, and screen variations, or any other factors we cannot guarantee that your monitor, or screen represents the colors to 100% accuracy.