- Product Reviews
- Bundled Products
A Heritage Costumes Exclusive.
During the Victorian era, girls wore clothing that closely mirrored the styles adopted by their mothers. Dressed in miniature versions of women, girls’ dresses in the 19th century were long and covered almost the entire body. Sewn from linen and cotton, a typical girls’ dress during the 1800s featured modest necklines and long sleeves, with hemlines that reached the ground. Younger girls tended to wear ankle length Victorian dresses to keep the mud and dirt away during play. Though children weren’t subjected to corsets, their dresses did follow the fashion-forward adult trend of full skirts and high waists.
Your child can capture the elegant yet simple fashion of the Victorian era with this 19th century period dress. This black dress evokes the traditional style of famed suffragists like Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Lucy Stone as well as the fashionable attire donned by Clara Barton and America’s first female doctor Elizabeth Maxwell. Crafted from satin jacquard, our black brocade Victorian dress features a back zipper. It’s the perfect piece to don when you’re revisiting America during the 1800s. Prestigious women throughout U.S. history, including renowned author Louisa May Alcott.
An exclusive piece in our Heritage Costumes collection of historical clothing, this 1800s period dress is authentic to the fashion and style of 19th century America. This high-quality costume dress can be used for Victorian-themed school events, a history lesson, or simply a fun day of dressing up to experience life as a 19th-century girl. Made with pride and care right in the United States, this period dress reflecting the style of the 1800s is built to last.
Women's history is more than the sum of its outstanding players: Rosa Parks, Susan B. Anthony, Sacagawea, Helen Keller, Amelia Earhart, et al. These women enjoy a firm place in society's collective consciousness. As cultural icons, they represent firsts or standouts.
Self: 100% Polyester Satin Jacquard
Accessory: 65% Polyester 35% Cotton
* Most items made from polyester/cotton blend treat as polyester.
* Most items are made from polyester can be machine washed and dried.
* Use warm water and add a fabric softener to the final rinse cycle.
* Machine dry at low temperature setting and remove articles as soon as the tumbling cycle is complete.
* If ironing is needed, use a moderately warm iron.
* Most items made from polyester can be dry-cleaned.
To remove stains:
* Soak and then wash with soap and warm water using a mild liquid detergent.
* Remove tough stains by spraying with a mild stain remover. It will have a better chance of removing stains other than food and dirt.
* Tumble dry on low heat.
*Dress may vary slightly in brocade pattern and color*
Children’s clothing for both Boy's And Girls is the same size. The size is based on either the child’s weight and length in pounds and inches or on specific measurements (chest, waist, and hip).