- Bundled Products
- Product Care
- Product Reviews
Many soldiers serving on both the British and American sides during the American Revolution carried a sword into battle. This created a need for the shoulder cross belt, which the soldiers used to carry their saber. The cross belt was worn over one shoulder, and a metal clip was attached to hang their sword. However, the scabbard tended to slide around a lot when they charged the enemy, meaning that it had to be steadied with the left hand before being drawn. In many instances, in addition to wearing the cross or shoulder belt, many soldiers wore a canvas haversack on the opposite shoulder, which created the criss-cross effect when in uniform.
A must for both the British and Continental Army soldiers alike, this Canvas Cross Belt is made of the same off-white cotton canvas fabric that matches our Colonial Haversack and Colonial Military leggings.
The Belt is adjustable to approx sizes: 42"- 48". Belt width is 2 inches, and the length is approximately 52".
Self: 100% Cotton
* Most items made from polyester/cotton blend treat as polyester.
* Most items are made from cotton can be machine washed and dried.
* Use warm water and add a fabric softener to the final rinse cycle.
* Machine dry at low temperature setting and remove articles as soon as the tumbling cycle is complete.
* If ironing is needed, Use a moderately warm iron.
* Most items made from polyester can be dry-cleaned.
To remove stains:
* Soak and then wash with soap and warm water using a mild liquid detergent.
* Remove tough stains by spraying with a gentle stain remover. It will have a better chance of removing stains other than food and dirt.
* Tumble dry on low heat.
*Colors may vary slightly in color*