- Bundled Products
- Product Care
- Product Reviews
A Heritage Costumes Exclusive.
As Americans moved west during the 1800s, new territories were explored — and those new territories came with countless surprises. The weather changed rapidly, travel wore on the pioneer families, and dirt appeared at every turn. So, women and girls on the frontier needed clothing that was sturdy, durable, and affordable. Girls’ pioneer dresses were crafted from older garments, and every one needed to be worn many times. That’s what made the bib apron popular; it protected pioneer women’s dresses from dusty dirt stains as well as wear and tear. The bib apron was a crucial accessory when headed west. An apron such as this was tied to the waist, protecting the pioneers’ few yet important pieces of clothing.
An exclusive piece in our American Heritage collection of historical costume accessories, this pioneer- or frontier-era bib apron is authentic to the rustic style of 19th century America. Meant to be a complement to our many 19th century pieces, you can mix and match this period bib apron to any piece of your choosing. This accessory includes an adjustable tie to wrap the apron around your waist for a frontier-ready look. Add this bib apron to one of our adult prairie, frontier, or period dresses for a perfectly authentic costume suitable for any westward trek to new territory.
This adaptable accessory can be used for a period ball, a historical reenactment, masquerade, or simply experiencing a day in the life of a 19th century woman out on the prairie. If you’re performing a day full of hard work like the pioneer women of the past, this apron will protect your attire. Made with pride and care right in the United States, this adult period bib apron is built to last.
These Historical costume kits are designed to help put the finishing touches on many of our costumes. We sell most of our historical clothing as separates; this allows you to create your very own personal outfit.
Self: 65% Polyester 35% Cotton Broadcloth
Trims: Very/Polyester & Cotton Blend
* Most items made from polyester/cotton blend treat as polyester.
* Most items made from polyester can be machine washed and dried.
* Use warm water and add a fabric softener to the final rinse cycle.
* Machine dry at low temperature setting and remove articles as soon as the tumbling cycle is complete.
* If ironing is needed, use a moderately warm iron.
* Most items made from polyester can be dry-cleaned.
As we cut all of our garments individually (Coats, Vests, Pants, Dresses, Etc.)
Fabric Shades may very & may not match exactly.
To remove stains:
- Soak and the wash with soap and warm water using a mild liquid detergent.
- Remove tough stains by spraying with a mild stain remover. It will have a better chance of removing stains other than food and dirt.
- Tumble dry on low heat.